2019 will be the 45th Running of the Wheelchair Division
The New Balance Falmouth Road Race invites wheelchair athletes from across the country to compete in this classic 7-mile race. The race is open to all wheelchair athletes, regardless of classification.
All wheelchair athletes must complete the wheelchair invitation application. Due to course conditions, we cannot accept hand-cyclists.
Athletes who wish to have travel and accommodations paid by for the race:
- Should be able to complete a 10K in 28:00 or faster for men and 32:00 or faster for women. Comparable times for events greater than 10K are also accepted.
- Must complete the online Wheelchair Invitation Request no later than July 7th.
- Must be PED-free.
The New Balance Falmouth Road Race Travel and Accommodations Policy for Wheelchair Athletes is as follows:
- The top 5 male wheelchair athletes and 5 female wheelchair athletes will be chosen from the pool of applicants to receive full domestic travel and accommodations for the race.
- Accommodations for invited athletes are limited to athletes only.
- Travel dates must be Aug 14, 2019 – Aug 18, 2019; reimbursement is offered for domestic travel only.
- A Travel Reimbursement Request form MUST be completed and submitted WITH ALL RECEIPTS to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks after race day (Please note: travel itinerary will not be accepted without accompanying receipts.)
Wheelchair Athlete Timeline:
April 1 – July 7 – Invitation Requests accepted at email@example.com
July 10 – Notification of invited athletes is emailed out.
July 1- August 7 – Invited athletes must submit travel plans to firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 14 – August 18 – Housing available to invited athletes.
August 18 – 47th running & 45th wheelchair running of the New Balance Falmouth Road Race