2019 was the 45th Running of the Wheelchair Division
The New Balance Falmouth Road Race invites wheelchair athletes from across the country to compete in this classic 7-mile race. The race is open to all wheelchair athletes, regardless of classification.
All wheelchair athletes must complete the Wheelchair Division invitation application.
Athletes who wish to have travel and accommodations paid by for the race:
- Should be able to complete a 10K in 28:00 or faster for men and 32:00 or faster for women. Comparable times for events greater than 10K are also accepted.
- Must complete the online Wheelchair Invitation Request no later than July 7th. The link to the online request form will be available after April 1st.
- Must be PED-free.
The New Balance Falmouth Road Race Travel and Accommodations Policy for Wheelchair Athletes is as follows:
- The top 5 male wheelchair athletes and 5 female wheelchair athletes will be chosen from the pool of applicants to receive full domestic travel and accommodations for the race.
- Accommodations for invited athletes are limited to athletes only.
- Travel dates must be Aug 13, 2020 – Aug 17, 2020; reimbursement is offered for domestic travel only.
- A Travel Reimbursement Request form MUST be completed and submitted WITH ALL RECEIPTS to: email@example.com no later than two weeks after race day (Please note: travel itinerary will not be accepted without accompanying receipts.)
Wheelchair Athlete Timeline:
May 1 – July 7 – Invitation Requests accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
July 10 – Notification of invited athletes is emailed out.
July 1- August 7 – Invited athletes must submit travel plans to email@example.com.
August 14 – August 16 – Housing available to invited athletes.
August 16 – 48th running & 46th wheelchair running of the New Balance Falmouth Road Race
Daniel Romanchuck, 2019 Men’s Wheelchair Division Champion
Early Start Eligibility – Registered runners who require extra time to complete the 7.0-mile course should contact our Adaptive Athletes Program Manager, Matt Kinsella, when they receive their bib number assignment.
Wheelchair Duo Registration
- Race defines a Wheelchair Duo as one runner pushing one wheelchair (i.e., no additional Guides needed).
- ALL teams interested in being a part of the Wheelchair Duo program must register through our website, subject to a random-selection process, between May 1st and May 17th.
- Team captain (the pusher) will register both members of the Wheelchair Duo team and submit the $100 team registration fee if/when selected to participate. The team captain will be timed and listed in the results.
- No more than 15 Duos will be selected to participate in the race.
- Both captain and teammate in wheelchair must be aged 10 or older.
- Wheelchair Duos will utilize plan for transportation to the Start provided by the Race.
- Wheelchair Duos will be notified of their status by email on or before May 23rd. Email will include an access code and the link to complete your registration by June 1.
We do not have a hand-cycle division.