2021 Registration Information
Charity runner registration opens March 2, 2021
- Participants who will run on behalf of one of our charity partners will be given early access to register for the event, followed by information on how to set up your individual fundraising page to get started. We appreciate our charity runners – thank you!
General Registration for the 2021 ASICS Falmouth Road Race At-Home Edition opens May 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- While we await guidance from the governor’s office and the Town of Falmouth on hosting an in-person event, we invite you to register for the 2021 ASICS Falmouth Road Race At-Home Edition (virtual) event. Open to walkers and runners, you can complete your 7 miles all at once or between August 7th and August 14th.
- During the registration process, there will be an option to select “If given the option I would like to run the 7-mile course in person.” Those who select the option to run in person will be placed in a random selection drawing, depending on the field size allowed. If selected, these runners will be able to race on the official FRR course on August 15, 2021.
- All in-person runners will be selected from the 2021 ASICS FRR At-Home Edition registration database, which opens May 1st.
Falmouth Residents & Residential Taxpayers: There will be a registration question asking if you are a Falmouth resident or residential taxpayer. In a typical year, all verified Falmouth residents and taxpayers, and their spouses and children between 10 and 23, are guaranteed entry. In 2021, depending on the field size allowed, we may or may not be able to guarantee entry for Falmouth residents/residential taxpayers.
If you have not already, please consider running for one of our charity partners through our Numbers for Nonprofits Program.
Thank you and we hope to see you in Falmouth or online this summer!
Did you receive a guaranteed entry in 2020?
If you received guaranteed entry for 2021 as one of the first registrants of the 2020 Falmouth Road Race At-Home Edition, we gave you the opportunity to defer that guarantee to 2022.
You should have received an email on March 5th with instructions on deferring that entry to next year. If you did not update your status by March 12th, your guaranteed entry was automatically deferred to 2022.
If your status was not updated by Friday, March 12th, you did not lose your guaranteed entry, it has simply been deferred to the 50th running of the race in 2022.
Of course, even if you save your guaranteed entry for the historic 50th running, you can still register for this year’s event. All participants will register initially for the 2021 ASICS Falmouth Road Race At-Home Edition (our virtual event). If you select “If given the chance, I would like to run in Falmouth,” you will be eligible to be among those selected to run, depending on the number of participants allowed.
2020 was quite a year!
For more than 40 years, Falmouth Road Race, Inc. has promoted health, wellness, and pride in the community. In these unprecedented times, the organization is striving to be consistent in its mission, continuing to provide its dedicated athletes, enthusiasts, and the community with an event to be proud of and one that supports people in need.
In 2020, cancelling just wasn’t an option for the Falmouth Road Race team.
“With safety always the top priority, we saw an ‘At-Home’ event as the ideal option for 2020,” said Scott Ghelfi, president of the Falmouth Road Race, Inc., board of directors. “…conducting an ‘At-Home’ event not only gave runners from everywhere the chance to experience the Falmouth spirit but also give Falmouth Road Race, Inc., a way to show its support for the town, our medical community, and our Numbers for Nonprofits charity team participants, who raise funds that are needed now more than ever.”
Among the ways in which the race showed its commitment to nonprofit partners and the community through the “At-Home Edition” in 2020:
- The organization purchased $35,000 worth of gift cards from businesses throughout Falmouth to randomly award to participants. The intention was to assist the community now and help bring visitors back to town when it is again safe to travel.
- A $5,000 donation was made to Cape Kid Meals, to ensure that families in need are able to feed their children on the weekends while school programs feed them during the weekdays.
- With the support of the Cochary Gross family, FRR, Inc. was able to award $70,000 in annual scholarships to 2020 high school seniors who are year-round Falmouth residents.
- Numbers for Nonprofits charity program partners received support to maximize their fundraising efforts, including free registration for those running for a charity who agreed to raise a required minimum dollar amount for that organization. Incentive prizes and experiences, including a swag package, a donation match, and two chances to win a free entry into the 2021 ASICS Falmouth Road Race, were awarded to select participants by the race.
“Running at home, together but apart in 2020, was the best way for all of us to show that we care about Falmouth – the town, its people, the race and its tradition,” said Ghelfi. “Tommy Leonard wouldn’t want it any other way.”
We welcome our new title sponsor, ASICS
The race will have a different look this year as we start an exciting new chapter with global footwear leader, ASICS. Anima Sana In Corpore Sano, meaning “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body,” is an old Latin phrase from which ASICS is derived and the fundamental platform on which the brand still stands. The company was founded more than 70 years ago by Kihachiro Onitsuka and is now a leading designer and manufacturer of running shoes, as well as, other athletic footwear, apparel and accessories.
General Registration opens May 1, 2021 at 9:00 AM
- Participants must be age 10 or older on Race Day.
- If you are 18 or over, you MUST register yourself, per race policy.
- At this time, all participants are registering for the At-Home Edition (a virtual event). If an in-person field is allowed, and you have checked off “I would like to run in Falmouth if possible” during your registration process, you will be entered into the randomly selection process and if selected, you will be required to complete a short in-person online registration form. There will be an additional in-person registration fee of $25.
- Charity runners interested in running in Falmouth vs. at home will be selected by their charity team captain.
- All registrants who are selected to run the course in Falmouth on race day will be notified by email regarding their status. Your email will include an access code and a link to complete your in-person registration.
- If you were not selected to run in person or you opted out of consideration to run in-person, you will still receive a full runner kit, including traditional runner mug, shipped directly to your home.
Click for answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.
Falmouth Road Race, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) corporation. Proceeds are used to support local sports programs, activities that promote health and wellness, and Falmouth-based nonprofit organizations.